Show your work to the world!
cem
Site Admin
Full Name: Cem Yuksel
Company/Affiliation: Cyber Radiance
Job Title/Position: Owner

Curly test

Post by cem »

This is one of my first attempts to prepare a decent curly hair model. I'm not perfectly happy with it, but its getting there. I slightly modified one of Lee's hair mesh models and tried to generate curly hairs out of it.

I first generated 200 hairs from the hair mesh (and checked "show all" to see them all in the viewport). Then I used HairStyle Curl and HairStyle Kink modifiers to make them curly. I am not very happy with how HairStyle Curl works. I actually consider getting rid of it and replacing it with a completely new modifier. Well, we'll see...

After I was happy with the shapes of these 200 hairs, I applied HairStyle Wisp modifier to generate more hairs from existing hairs. I generated about 100 hairs (at render time) from each one of them (with about 50% variation).

Then, I added some more hairs to give it a frizzy look. I generated another set of hairs from the hair mesh by adding another Hair Generate modifier. I applied HairStyle Curl and HairStyle Kink with different parameters.

Alternatively, I could add another HairStyle Kink right after HairStyle Wisp (before the second Hair Generate modifier) to give some additional slight variation to the wisps. Well, I haven't. :)

Here is the result:
curly.flv
(4.32 MiB) Downloaded 12408 times
Cem Yuksel - Developer
Selwy
Former Beta User

Re: Curly test

Post by Selwy »

It looks already fantastic!!!
herbap
Former Beta Tester
Full Name: osman safi
Company/Affiliation: freelancer
Job Title/Position: graphic design & animation

Post by herbap »

look great
http://vimeo.com/herbap (free video tutorials, showcase, r&d's, commercials.. etc)
Infinite
Beta Tester
Full Name: Lee Perry-Smith

Post by Infinite »

Stunning and well presented video Cem :D
Lee Perry-Smith -Beta Tester

www.ir-ltd.net

triplegangers (3D Scans and Digital Captures)