Show your work to the world!
Woodys3d
Beta Tester
Full Name: Dani Garcia Fornés
Company/Affiliation: Freelance
Job Title/Position: Character Artist

Bunny

Post by Woodys3d »

I've created this bunny to be used later in another project. So far I've only done the modeling and the hair, the eyes and the skin below are not textured, but the result won't be too far from this, so I thought it was a good moment to post it.
Attachments
Conill.jpg
Conill.jpg (300.44 KiB) Viewed 11629 times
jacek
Full Name: Jacek Szaratkiewicz
Company/Affiliation: Cartoon-Film
Job Title/Position: Hair TD

Re: Bunny

Post by jacek »

Hi Dani,
Can I ask some questions? Is it rendered with VRay? Physical camera? how many lights? And the shader of the skin, is it SSS2, the tips of the ears would suggest that in one of the image but the rest not. The lips are bit too bright and this would indicate my problem too. I found that underlying skin reacts much more (get's overlit) to the same lighting then the fur does. Do you also have this impression? Or maybe are you using different set of lights for the underlying skin and different for the fur (comp it later) Sorry to bother

generally great work.
Jacek
Woodys3d
Beta Tester
Full Name: Dani Garcia Fornés
Company/Affiliation: Freelance
Job Title/Position: Character Artist

Post by Woodys3d »

Hi Jacek,

I'm sorry, but I can't help you with that. This render has been done with scanline. I would usually render the skin in MR and then add the hair on top of it, but as in this case almost everything is covered with fur and this was mostly a model and fur test, I just created some standard scanline materials for the skin and the eye, so they don't have any SSS on them.

Dani
cem
Site Admin
Full Name: Cem Yuksel
Company/Affiliation: Cyber Radiance
Job Title/Position: Owner

Post by cem »

This is one of the cutest characters ever! :ok:
Cem Yuksel - Developer